GET RockSOLID Intentions to master your life.
Is “intention” the new buzzword for 2017 and just another replacement for setting goals, taking actions, making plans – well it could be and as with everything it depends of your own individual interpretation. I love intentions, I set them everyday, for every week, for every month, for my year, for my life and I have designed my system into the RockSOLID Intentions so you can use it for your success.
- there is a reason Goals fail ... I am not sure others are being honest with you about it
Beware this is my version of “intention” and how your interpret the following is dependent on how well you are in control of the dance between awareness of how your bias shapes your thinking and how then your judgement makes your choices - you may want to read this post. Aim to maintain a level when your bias and judgement give you the best learning opportunity.
1. It is a strong and binding word
2. It encapsulates the levels of goals/plans/actions
3. It makes you feel driven
4. It suggests that you move forward with purpose
5. It gives insight to your attitude/behaviour
6. It makes you feel accountable
7. It clearly supports your mission/vision
The preference is to use and encourage others to use intentions specifically with respect to #2 above – understand that to live with intent you are going to need to have visibility across all of the commonly understood concepts that help you drive results.
It has been my intention to set 5 intentions for 2017 (1 of which is to get as many people on the RockSOLID System) and here is the process (in brief) I use to set intentions - this is RockSOLID:
1. Know clearly what my mission/vision is and be confident that through your progress that you are flexible with these statements; that you have the competence and confident to adapt and shift direction or shift your interpretation of the next level.
2. Elementise for the keywords. This means looking at the mission/vision and picking out the keywords that without them in your statement it would just be like a jellyfish – all floppy, just drifting around with no backbone, no purpose.
3. Go to work on the keywords – PART 1. Consider, what will be the things that are likely to impact you taking action in relation to the keywords. This includes how much a barrier you can be ie. do you tend to get in your own way and/or let things external to you take control based on the perception that you believe they are in control.
4. Go to work on the keywords – PART 2. Now you have a list of impacts, it is time to identify the specific liberation statements that will mitigate and/or eliminate these impacts from preventing your success.
5. Liberation requires action. To set the liberation statements into effect you will need to design actions that speak directly to the particular liberating statement and as best as possible use the keywords – keep it familiar – be persistently consistent.
6. Giving the actions substance – most process would stop at actions thinking I have got it nailed now because of have an action and some processes will get you all “warm & fuzzy” by encouraging milestone dates and/or performance indicators. I find this all a bit of looking good, but adding little value.
This where you set yourself up for success by introducing layers of protection from your own failure – refer to #3 above. I find that the way many of you perceive actions does not permit you to get deep enough into meaning and therefore you do not make the strong connection to the brain (head, heart, gut) that drives you behaviour. The action is normally loaded with assumptive other actions and dependencies for one part of the action to happen first then the other etc. It is just too easy to not do it. Your success lies in designing a series of executables for every action you outline. An executable does one specific thing and one thing specific only.
7. Execute with your strengths. You now have a comprehensive list of executables now and rather than attempting to redesign your life to fit them … fit them to your life and in this stage this means using your current habits to support executables. If you have nothing to support the executable then you will need to make something new. You need to support yourself with your known strengths. You can consider reaching out as well, but you must have high accountability to execute this.
8. Making a RockSOLID Intention. The last part is for the brave … not really, but you are going to need to have a very good depth of understanding of yourself to make your intention RockSOLID. Support that habits you have identified with the beliefs you hold in life ie. what are the things you hold to be true that are related to the habits. Again at this point as best as you can use the keywords you identified in #2 when you write down your beliefs ie. make sure they are relatable.
A couple of things you need to get done – if you have not already:
1. To know mission/vision it is simply not enough to have the business mind statement – you need to get a deep understanding of what drives you from understanding your values (things that are important to you) and your beliefs (things that you hold to be true no matter what).
2. To create success for actions/executables you must review what you have written to understand the intent of your words and best still have awareness of which brain is talking to you and then use this language to inform the content of your executables. The following is very generalised for the purposes of this post:
* if your language has the intent of courage (your gut brain is driving)
* if your language is feeling based (your heart brain is guiding you)
* if your language is analytical (your mind brain is directing you)
Whatever you choose - find what works for you - the depth of your commitment should be reflected in the depth of your process to get committed. Writing a goal down, designing some actions is easy - it is like climbing a small hill. I am sure there are those of you who are interested in conquering the highest peaks of life - be RockSOLID.
Another P.I.G (Perspective, Insight, Growth) fromRob.B Lowe - Be Present in Life!==============================================================
PS Yes I have a process workbook.
PPS Yes this is a popular session with my clients
PPPS Yes this is part of the Safety Superhero Series - you can still get an Early Bird Registration until March 5 - register here - http://eepurl.com/cCRoVj
PPPPS Yes – if you want this process – book me for 15 minutes use RockSOLID Intention as the description - https://robblowe.youcanbook.me/ and at the end of the session I 'll set you an example
From Personal Growth Skpetic to Addict - share my jounrey through insight mindset perspective - the gift of wisdom I have become extrememyl grateful for.